Thursday, December 08, 2005

Why I Should Be Careful When Answering the Phone

My sister called me while I was busy typing out candy wreath-making instructions, and I asked if I could call her back when I was done. The phone rings about three hours later, and I realized when I saw the caller ID that I never called my sister back.

So, I answer the phone with "Oh SHIT!!! I forgot to call you back!!!" I then hear my 7 year old niece launch into a rousing chorus of the Invader Zim "Doom Song". At first, she was so intent on singing me the "Doom Song" that I didn't think she heard it. But then she said "Auntie Carol, you said a bad word. You just said the S-curse!" Busted!

Of course, then I had to tell my sister about it. She had heard my niece saying something to me on the phone about "Auntie Carol" and the "S-curse" and couldn't wait to hear what that was all about.

It's a good thing she has a sense of humor.

No comments: