Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Man Hit in Head by Train for Second Time

Man Hit in Head by Train for Second Time

According to this article, a 23 year old man who was recently hit in the head by a Metro North train this past weekend had also been hit in the head by a subway car three years ago. Apparently, in the earlier incident, he stuck his head out to see if the train was coming. It was. "I hear the train a-comin'. It's rollin' 'round the bend. I think I'll stick my head out, and see if it will spin." Sorry...

I have two theories on this. The first is that this guy is incredibly stupid, and probably won't make it to his thirtieth birthday. If a train is close enough to whack you in the head when you stick your head out looking for it, it's close enough for you to see and hear it coming into the station without having to stick your neck out. My second theory is that the guy was trying to get hit in order to sue the city. While that wouldn't make him any less stupid, it would make some kind of sense, in a dumbass way.

Now, how you get hit in the head by a Metro North train in Poughkeepsie on a Friday night three years later is beyond me. According to this article in the Poughkeepsie Journal, the train was arriving from Grand Central at 6:26pm. Today's article mentions that they found four prescription drugs, all legally prescribed, on him and are doing tests to see if these had any connection to the accident. According to witnesses, he took steps toward the edge, the train horn sounded, he stepped back, and then leaned into the train. Apparently, he was standing and conscious when the train's conductor and engineer found him.

I personally hope it turns out to be due to the drugs. I'd hate to think that anyone could be this stupid on purpose.

No comments: