Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Adventures in Job-Hunting

Since I lost my job last month after my hospitalizations, I've been in the middle of a job search lately. After reading ads posted on craigslist until my eyeballs rolled back in my head, I decided to try posting my rèsumé there as well.

So far, I've received two or three legitimate inquiries. However most of the responses I've received have sounded more like this:
From: jeff employer (yes, it really did come from the name "jeff employer)
Date: 6/11/2007 12:56:46 PM
To: easywork002@hot...com
Subject: EASY JOB FOR YOU...

Hello ,

I am Jeff last name omitted ,i am a staff of a sales company in new york and work and make transaction nationwide , So we are needing a respresentative who will be mailing out of mails for us nationwide the work will be done from your home and it is a very easy job and we pay good salary , the job can only involve you in 3 to 4 hours daily and we pay $1000-$1500 monthly .

So let me know if you are interested . i want you to reply me and i want you to add me to your yahoo ms with : last name omitted_jeff ,you should download yahoo ms in messenger.yahoo.com so our work can be more easy and understandable .

I will you to get back to me with which of the item below got

colour Printer
Check paper
personal
computer

Wait to hear from you .

Jeff

What the heck??? What the heck is a yahoo ms??? A yahoo with Multiple Sclerosis??? Do you think maybe he means IMs??? "More easy and understandable???" I can hardly understand this!

I like "i am a staff of a sales company" and "mailing out of mails for us". "I will you to get back to me with which of the item below got" I think I have a personal, but that's, well... personal.

Jeff can sit around and will me all he wants, I ain't going to reply him tellin' him which of the item below got.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I apologize for leaving a comment that is totally unrelated to your post's subject matter, but this needs to be said.
I found your blog through the list of bloggers on the blogathon website. It says you are supporting Autism Speaks.
I am an autistic person. I do not want a cure. I am part of a wide community of autistics who are against a cure. We like who we are. We don't need to be "fixed" because we are not "broken". We don't need a cure to give us better lives; we need acceptance, accomodation, and better support systems. By all means, support organizations that offer needed support to adults on the spectrum or provide other useful services. But please, please do not support a group that seeks to wipe us off the face of the planet or to make us into perfect "normal" people.
Thank you.