Saturday, March 18, 2006

Music Soothes the Savage Chest

The past few days, I've had a case of the crud and have been feeling like crap. I don't know who/how/where I caught it, but it's not fun.

However, right now, I'm sitting here dancing in my chair. The New Mix 102.7 is having a Disco Explosion weekend, featuring music of the Studio 54 years. I haven't heard some of this stuff since I was in high school! Some of it's good, some of it sucks (like this version of "You're Just Too Good To Be True" that's playing right now), but boy, does it bring back memories!

For those who don't know it by now, if there's one thing I am passionate about in life, it's music. Whether it's classical, oldies, country, new wave or disco, I love music. I love listening to it, dancing to it and singing it. Music is my life. This summer, I'm going to get a chance to live out another dream, and strut my stuff as a DJ. I'm already putting together play lists. Scary, isn't it?

I don't know if it's the music, or simply that taking a musical stroll down memory lane has shifted my attention to something other than how crappy I feel. Whatever it is, it's working. I'm starting to feel more like a human being than I have in days. This is a very good thing.

No comments: