Saturday, May 19, 2007

My Newest Toy

Since I've had my current cell phone for two years, under my plan, I was entitled to a free upgrade on my phone. I had a really good experience with my existing LG phone (which is still in great shape, but I wanted a new toy to play with). So, I decided once again to go with LG, and decided on the LG VX8300.

The LG VX8300 offers several improvements and added features over my previous model, including a 1.3 megapixel camera, color front screen display and Bluetooth capability - something my previous phone did not have. I must admit that I'm enjoying using my Bluetooth headset, as opposed to dealing with an earpiece with a wire. It also has a music player and an SD card expansion slot, so you can store additional photos and music. Since I already have an iPod which I love, I doubt I'll make full use of the music player, but it's a nice added feature.

Verizon also offers a "Backup Assistant" online service free with Verizon Wireless online accounts, where you can store and update contacts on your phone.

On the downside, the selection of ringtones that come with the phone is pretty lousy. However, you can add your own ringtones either through Verizon's GetItNow services, recording your own through the built-in voice recorder, or by e-mailing wav files and midis to your phone from your computer, and using the "Set as Ringtone" option.

The camera is a big improvement over my last phone. My earlier phone took pictures like this:


My new phone takes much better pictures, as you can see here:



All in all, so far, I'm really pleased with the LG VX8300.

No comments: