Sunday, August 10, 2003

According to the front page of this week's Weekly World News, the Pope is Missing! I'm not sure which is funnier, the headline or the following quote:

"He seems to have just wandered off" - says agitated Cardinal

Other headlines of note include:

Found: Amazing Real-life Rip Van Winkle! The funny thing about this one is the picture of a guy dressed in pretty modern business clothes with a long white beard and really long fingernails.
Breast Milk: It's Not Just for Babies Anymore! I'm not touching that one!
Root Beer & Brazil Nuts Cured My Cancer!
Give Your Computer a Human Brain - Your loved ones can live on - in your PC!
Family is Terrorized by a Demon Dollhouse!
My Twin Made Me a Drunk! Heavy boozing leads to Siamese Tragedy

and last, but not least...
Fishing Fleets are Wiping Out Our Mermaids - Conservationists Warn! The quote here is from a boat captain:
"I always throw the live ones back!"

No comments: