Monday, August 18, 2003

Here's the short version of my blackout adventure. In a nutshell, I ended up:

- Walking down 36 flights of stairs to get out of our office building at around 6pm.

- Staying overnight at a co-worker's house on Staten Island, where she, two of her neighbors and I drank margaritas and had salad, pasta, chips and guacamole.

- Going back into the city on Friday morning, and finding out that our office was still closed even though power was restored in Lower Manhattan.

- Taking a bus up to 59th and 2nd, and trying to find a way to get into Queens.

- VERY LUCKILY eventually getting on what turned out to be an express bus to Main Street Flushing, which is where I would normally get off the subway to catch my local bus.

- My commute home from lower Manhattan took me about 3 1/2 -4 hours, but I got home and then went over to my kid sister's where I ended up in my 5 year old niece's kiddie pool fully dressed.

- Having a sleepover party with my niece, where she gave my sister and I a beauty makeover, and we all sang "I feel pretty". Now THAT was hilarious!

No comments: