Wednesday, October 20, 2004

I've managed to go to the gym and work out for an hour 4-5 days a week for the past few weeks. I've been doing a half hour or so on the treadmill (experimenting with the different programmed workouts has been interesting), and 25-30 minutes on the circuit training machines. Yesterday, I broke down and finally tried the Quad Press machine, and I'm feeling every bit of it today!

The other thing I've been doing for the past two weeks is keeping a food journal. It's been interesting, because I've been noticing certain patterns, like how a pre-bedtime snack appears to be part of my nightly winding-down routine. That, and I eat a lot of cheese! One thing that I'm finding helpful is knowing that I want to get in 4-5 workouts a week, and making sure I fit them into my schedule. For instance, when I know I have an appointment, I plan a workout for on the way there or on the way home. I also know that whenever I go out with my sister and the kids for the day, I'm not getting in a workout at the gym, so I need to make sure I get one in another day. So far, this has been working out well, pun intended.

No comments: