Sunday, October 17, 2004

What the hell am I doing up and awake at this hour on a Sunday morning??? Not only am I up and awake, I've been up and awake for two hours, and I've taken my air conditioner out of my livingroom window! I'm fully dressed, have cleaned out a bunch of old e-mails, and have updated a few of my mailing lists and am now on my second cup of coffee. This is what happens when I'm wiped out early and actually go to bed at 8:30 PM. Why can't I do this when I have to catch an 8 o'clock flight and have to be at the airport by 6AM???

I don't even know why I was so wiped out last night. It's not like I did anything yesterday. I sat around the house like a slug until around 1 o'clock, went to the gym, and then went to the VFW for a while. Maybe it was the Bacardi and Diet Pepsi I was drinking that knocked me out. Whatever it was, I was in bed, asleep before 9 o'clock, and wide awake at 4 o'clock.

Getting back to the gym... Yesterday, it was a real struggle to get out of the house and go for my workout. It was one of those days where I really had to force myself to go out and do something. It's very easy for me to get hooked into doing stuff on the computer, lose track of time, and then wonder where the day went. Yesterday was one of those days, and I had to pry myself out of my computer chair. I did it, and made it to the gym in time to get a 45-minute workout in before closing time. It's amazing how different a 45-minute workout feels from a full hour. It almost feels like I cheated and didn't work out, which I know isn't true. That extra 15 minutes on the treadmill really makes a difference! I'm not sure if I'm going to the gym today, or if I'm actually going to allow myself to just do stuff around the house today and not go anywhere. I'm certainly entitled to the day off, although I have a feeling I'll be spending it de-cluttering and cleaning, and not sitting around watching TV all day! I've worked out 5 of the last 7 days, and will be working out at least 4 days in the coming week. I guess I'll see how I feel around noon, and then decide.

No comments: