Saturday, February 25, 2006

Attack of the Giant Leeches

One of my latest Netflix rentals was a sci-fi double feature DVD featuring The Wasp Woman/Attack of the Giant Leeches.



Attack of the Giant Leeches had to be one of the funniest bad sci-fi movies I've seen in a long time! In a nutshell, giant leeches grab all the backwater hillbillies they can, and store them in a secret underwater cave, so they can suck out their body fluids later.

The "leech" costumes are so bad, they're funny. They look like two men inside an inflatable sleeping bag, with "suckers" glued on them. You can always tell when the leeches are coming, because the music gets really creepy, and they start making a noise like someone's farting in the bathtub. The acting is pretty bad to non-existent, but some of the lines are priceless:

Dave, a fat guy whose wife Liz is played by Yvette Vickers: "Someday, I'm gonna give that she-cat the whoppin' she's been askin' for!"

"You're my wife! I'll touch ya anytime I feel like it!"

Game Warden Benton (the hero) to the Sheriff: "Awwww, go and soak your fat head!"

Nan (Benton's girlfriend) in the boat, right after they heard something move while searching for the monster: "Do you want some coffee?"

Dave: "I love ya, Liz baby!"

Liz: "Get out, you fat pig!"

Cal: "Dave, you put down that gun before I get mad and make you eat it!"

Liz (to Cal): "You call yourself a man? You and your muscles!" Then, she spits on him.

My favorite line, though, was Doc Greyson's: "Maybe the proximity to Cape Canaveral has something to do with it!"

If you're looking for a cheesy sci-fi movie to watch with friends, Attack of the Giant Leeches is definitely a good one!

2 comments:

WendyWings said...

My grandmothers maiden name was Leech how embarassing LOL
( surfed here through Blogmad and just wanted to let you know you ARE getting traffic :) )

nettiemac said...

Where were Mike and the Robots for this one????