Friday, June 24, 2005

Tom Cruise needs psychiatry... badly

Tom Cruise on "Today"

Tom Cruise, in his own words, "never agreed with psychiatry". But after seeing him on "Today", all I can say is that he needs psychiatry... badly. According to Tom, there's no such thing as a chemical imbalance, and psychiatry is a "pseudo science". No one understands the history of psychiatry like Tom.

I think one of my favorite quotes from the interview was this one:

"If you start talking about chemical imbalance, you have to evaluate and read the research papers on how they came up with these theories, Matt, okay? That's what I've done. Then you go and you say where's the medical test? Where's the blood test that says how much Ritalin you're supposed to get?"

This, coming from someone who believes in the accuracy of the almighty E-Meter, a device that resembles something out of an old "Outer Limits" episode, or an Etch-a-Sketch on crack???

Well, Tom, I have news for you. You may not realize it, but you sir, are a bonafide, certified, freeze-dried whackaloon. Your chemicals probably haven't been balanced in a while. A very long while.

You need psychiatry, Tom. You really do. A few anti-psychotic drugs probably wouldn't be a bad idea, either.

1 comment:

CrackerLilo said...

Do you get Entertainment Weekly? You'd love some of the letters in it about Tom Cruise this week. (Owen Wilson--cute boy, not too pretty!--is on the cover.)

By the way, I subbed to the Joy of Fear list at Yahoo. I love the idea. I've gotten good at pushing through fear, but sometimes I can use help.