Saturday, February 17, 2007

This Week's Theme: Antique


This week's theme is "Antique", and from my collection of thrift shop horrors, I present to you...

Chairs from Hell

The picture really doesn't do the horror of these justice. What's not clearly visible is the color. Imagine if you will, olive green chairs with crushed goldenrod velvet cushions. They're from another dimension. A dimension of console TVs and bad upholstery. There's the signpost up ahead. You've just crossed into "The Retro Zone".

A Rare Religious Artifact


LOOK! It's Icantciu, the ancient god of eyeless people!
At some point in time, someone actually bought this for their home. It boggles the mind.

Now, if you want to see some real antiques, click the link to the entry below:



15 comments:

Mitey Mite said...

Woo-hoo, I'm first! I would love to go to a museum with you, though we would probably get thrown out for excessive laughter.

MsCarolM said...

Forget probably - we'd definitely get thrown out for excessive laughter! Trust me, I know:-)

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Oh my! Those certainly don't look terribly attractive! ;) Fun choices for antique! Thanks for visiting. :)

Twisted Cinderella said...

I love these pics for antique! Those chairs definitely would be nicer not being green!

Viamarie said...

This Icantciu figurine looks scary to me. Wouldn't like to have one at home.

Have a great weekend!

Just Jan said...

The chairs look like really cool antiques but that statue is creepy and I can't imagine who would purchase it for their home!!!

I'm up too

GEWELS said...

Hysterical!! Are these residing in your home by any chance and you just threw us off with the "thrift Shop" comment.
Love your description of yourself.
Mine's up- not nearly as "quirky" shall we say, as yours

Hootin Anni said...

This is wonderful! No truly....to someone, they are priceless treasures.

My antiques photos have been posted. Happy weekend.

Anonymous said...

This definitely dissolves the rosy glow when we think of antiques, LOL! Unique pictures for today!

Linda said...

Who thought about the color scheme for those chairs? Eww! Oh well, taste is selective, that's for sure! As for the statute ... no thank you! Not in my house!

srp said...

Wait, are... are... I've seen those before... could it be... no, no way... mine had green crushed velvet cushions. Whew! I was a little worried there... thought I was entering the twilight zone of the chairs that won't die. I can relax now.

Teena in Toronto said...

The chair covers sound nasty :)

Mine's up too :)

TorAa said...

he-he scary, scary those antiques here. I close my eyes and he-he

Great entry

Andree said...

You're a riot! That was a lot of fun!

LibertyBelle said...

Brocade and satin - what a nightmare to keep clean! *G* Love those photos - great choices for this week!
Have a great weekend!
Mine's up!
L