Saturday, February 03, 2007

Today's Theme: Gross


This week's
theme is "Gross", a topic very near and dear to my warped and twisted heart. And what better way to celebrate grossness, than with a collection of gross and bizarre foods?

First, we have MAMA "Shrimp Creamy Tom Tum Flavor". I'm not sure what "creamy Tom Tum flavor" is. It sounds like something that would require a whopping dose of "Berry TUMS flavor" after ingesting it.


Next, we have "Small Fish and Seaweed Soup Mix". Doesn't that look appetizing? For anyone wondering whatever became of "Sigmund and the Sea Monsters", here's your answer!



No, it's not Gil Grissom's collection of mummified bovine eyeballs. It's "Rolled Fillets of Anchovies"! Don't ask me what that green stuff is in the middle, though. Probably some of Sigmund's relatives who weren't quite good enough to be included in the "Small Fish and Seaweed Soup Mix".


23 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, how gross!!!

Mine's posted

Crazy Working Mom said...

All I can say is "ewwwww".

Thanks for sharing, I think.
*LOL*

Anonymous said...

That is very gross, I would not eat any of that. Eww!ih

Linda said...

Ewwww ... suddenly I have lost my appetite!

Smalltown RN said...

Yes those are certainly some gross food products...but don't you think it would be grosser if you actually ingested them!!! Gross!!!

Thanks for dropping by my blog...

Happy Saturday!

Pamela said...

Disgusting and very funny at the same time! You should have heard me sound effects while reading and eyeballing your photos! Love your sense of humor and I have never met an intuitive before but had to laugh at your profile write up! Very Cute! :)

Michelle said...

I would say ewwwww! But you know, somewhere, someone is wondering what exactly is gross about those pictures! LOL I've got my first SPH up. Check it out!

MsCarolM said...

Yeah, someplace, somewhere, someone thinks that's a delicacy! Then again, some people eat poo.

Mo and The Purries said...

Your comment about this is what happened to Sigmund and The Sea Monsters had me laughing.
Thanks!

And yes, all of the selections were GROSS!

~ Mo
It’s A Blog Eat Blog World

Anonymous said...

Oh my, definitely gross things there!! I would not eat anything there!

Unknown said...

Funny food. Thanks for dropping by.

Lux said...

Yukky! I'll eat almost anything, but ...

Anonymous said...

Ohmigosh poor Sigmund - ewwwwwwwwwwwww! That's a prize winner.
Happy Saturday!

Unknown said...

OH YEA ~ those are definitely GROSS! Thanks for stopping by.

Lisa said...

Gross. Glad I can't take the lid of some of those jars. Happy weekend.

Biker Betty said...

They are all very gross, but that last one, ewwwww... That is badly gross, lol.

Have a great weekend,
Biker Betty :)

marianne said...

All I've got to say is "ewwwww, gross!" Those anchovie things are truly repulsive... blecch!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Teena in Toronto said...

Remind me never to have snacks with you!

Mine's up too :)

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Wow ... When Mom read the part about "Sigmund and the SeaMonsters," I think that she had a flashback to the seventies! What ever happened to reruns of THAT show?

Your "gross" was much grosser than mine ...

DMM

BlueBugg said...

truly gross :oP especially the anchovies....eww...ewww...EWW!!

Unknown said...

Hey!! Good food!! :-)

Patti said...

Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Lynn said...

One woman's blechhh is another woman's fancy.

I like seaweed snacks. Dry seaweed that kinda melts on your tongue and tastes like seaweed jerky.

Great gross!