Saturday, January 14, 2006

Don't Try This at Home!

Someone on the Sweet Potato Queens message board started a discussion a while back about the worst idea you've ever had. I wrote about it back when I wasn't updating my blog as regularly, and figured I'd share it. So, here's my personal contribution to the world's list of really stupid ideas:

Microwaving a Barbie doll to see what would happen, while on the phone with my friend in California.

First, her face and hair melted. Then, the metal in her legs sparked, her rubber legs caught fire and filled my apartment with the smell of burning Barbie flesh. This, in turn, set off my smoke alarm. So, I flung her out of the microwave and into a zip-loc bag, and tossed her in the freezer to cool off.

All of this was happening as I was giving my friend a play-by-play over the phone. We were laughing so hard we couldn't breathe. We named her "Three Mile Island Barbie" aka "Nuclear Meltdown Barbie". I completely forgot about her, and found her in my freezer several months later.

The worst (and most embarassing) part of the whole thing is that I did this as a "grown-up", and no alcohol was involved. I was 40 years old and stone cold sober at the time.

I learned that a microwave is not a proper Barbie tanning salon. I also learned that Molten Barbie-flavored Lean Cuisines do not taste very good.

2 comments:

emilyb said...

But you forgot about the chick who had the pedicure after spray tanning ;)

jazzi said...

why doesn't this surprise me. ;)