Friday, January 27, 2006

Real Rhapsody Rant

I hate Real Rhapsody right now!!!

I had subscribed to their service before I got my iPod and iTunes. Now that I no longer use Rhapsody, I wanted to cancel it and save the money.

Do they allow you to cancel it online, as easily as they allow you to subscribe??? Of course not! You have to call a toll-free number that has been outsourced to India. I spoke with someone named "George Wilson". Where do they get these names - from comic books?, I told him I wanted to cancel my subscription. He informed me that I'm currently paid up through February 21st, that he would give me a free month's extension, and I could continue using Rhapsody for an additional thirty days. Hello! I don't use it, which is why I'm calling to cancel it!!! He then went on to say that if I wanted to cancel before that, all I would have to do is reply to the e-mail he was sending me.

So, the next thing I know, I get this in my e-mail:

"Per our conversation, your Rhapsody membership has been extended through 03/21/06 and will continue on an on-going basis. However, if at any time you decide that you would like to cancel, please contact Customer Service or simply respond to this e-mail with your request.

Remember, Rhapsody now provides you unlimited access to over 1,000,000 songs, available whenever you want!

If there is anything else we can do for you, please contact us at 866-311-0228.

Thank you for choosing Rhapsody and enjoy your membership!"


What part of "cancel my subscription" did he not understand???

So, in addition to calling them, I had to e-mail them to finally get this thing cancelled. Save yourself some aggravation and don't sign up in the first place.

No comments: