Wednesday, July 23, 2003

I've been kind of tied up with work lately and haven't had much of an opportunity to write. I'm in a three-day long course called "Negotiating for Success", and today was the first day. So far, it's been very interesting, but long. The class starts at 8:30am and finishes at around 5:45pm. And, tonight, I had the added bonus of getting stuck between stations on a #7 train for over an hour. That did wonders for my mood - NOT! I've decided that, for the heck of it, I'm going to keep a log on my Palm Pilot of every time I get stuck on a subway train. I'm going to note when, how long and how many different explanations we get. Today, our train was originally switched over to the express track because of problems on the local track, and then, after we were sitting on the express track for over half an hour, the problem was due to switch/signal problems on the express track. What made it worse was watching six or seven trains passing us by on the local track while we continued to sit there, and the conductor making the same announcement over and over (as if we hadn't heard it the first six times) and asking us to "please remain to be patient". This is what the MTA is charging us $2.00 for these days.

No comments: